If you are like most people, you probably do not think about your back until it starts to hurt. When that happens, it is usually accompanied by a lot of other unpleasant symptoms like stiffness, fatigue, and nausea. Chiropractic care is a natural and effective option to treat back pain. We provide quality chiropractic care for back and neck pain at Hillcrest Chiropractic. If you are experiencing acute or chronic back pain and live in Clarksville, contact Dr. Price at Hillcrest Chiropractic to schedule an appointment.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Issues with the neck, shoulder, hips and even legs can result in back pain. Some of the common causes of chronic back pain include:
- Muscle strain due to an injury or overuse
- Spinal misalignment, such as a herniated disc
- Spinal stenosis
Back Pain Risk Factors
Everyone is at risk of back pain. Some people are more susceptible than others. The risks include:
- Age - older adults are at an increased risk of back pain.
- Smoking - smokers are more likely to experience back pain.
- Obesity - being overweight can put excess strain on the back.
- Poor posture - slouching can cause a host of problems in and around the spine.
- Occupation - people with certain occupations have an increased risk of back pain. For example, those who work in construction or manufacturing are likely to suffer from sharp, sudden pains resulting from an injury.
- Lifestyle choices - sedentary lifestyles put people at an increased risk for back pain.
Back Pain Symptoms
Back pain tends to be an indicator of other issues. Symptoms may include:
- Burning pain
- Numbness and tingling
- Weakness or dizziness.
- Changes in bowel and bladder function
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain Treatment
At Hillcrest Chiropractic, we provide chiropractic care for back pain. We will perform a comprehensive exam and develop a personalized treatment plan that fits your needs. Depending on the cause and severity of your situation, we may use techniques such as manipulation, spinal decompression, soft tissue therapy, therapeutic exercises, massage therapy, and other pain relief methods to get you started on the road to recovery. We will also provide recommendations for how to prevent back pain from reoccurring.
Contact Hillcrest Chiropractic for Back Pain Treatment In Clarksville, TN
At Hillcrest Chiropractic, we are committed to helping you find relief from your chronic back pain through chiropractic care. Call Dr. Price today at (931) 906-9679 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.