Even if you eat well, you may not get enough nutrients from your diet. Vitamin infusions, such as Myers Cocktails and lipotropic injections, are a way to introduce crucial nutrients directly into your bloodstream. Vitamin infusions bypass the digestive tract. This lets your body readily absorb high concentrations of the nutrients it needs for proper functioning and good health. People with a wide range of health ailments can benefit from this wellness technique. Hillcrest Physical Medicine, serving Clarksville and the surrounding areas, can determine which vitamin infusions are best suited to your unique needs.
Myers Cocktail Vitamin Infusions
The Myers Cocktail is named after physician Dr. John Myers, who was a pioneer in the field of intravenous (IV) nutrition. He developed his signature blend of vitamins and minerals to treat patients who suffered from chronic fatigue, heart palpitations, and depression. Today, specialists like those at Hillcrest Physical Medicine can use the Myers Cocktail to help patients manage the symptoms of:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Upper respiratory tract infections.
- Muscle spasms.
- Seasonal allergies.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Chronic sinusitis.
- Autoimmune diseases.
The Myers Cocktail is also appropriate for people who suffer from low energy and an ineffective immune system, even if they lack a specific diagnosis. This potent vitamin infusion contains:
- Magnesium for nerve and muscle functioning.
- Vitamin B1 for glucose metabolism and nerve, muscle, and heart functioning.
- Vitamin B2 for metabolism, energy, and healthy blood cells.
- Vitamin B3 for metabolism, cholesterol regulation, and brain function.
- Vitamin B5 for blood cell production, hormonal balance, and digestive health.
- Vitamin B6 for protein metabolism, immune function, and cognitive development.
- Vitamin B12 for neurological function, red blood cell production, and DNA synthesis.
- Vitamin C for immune function, cardiovascular health, dental health, and eye health.
The tissues in the average adult are made up of 50% to 60% water. Most of the time, the tissues replenish themselves with water from food and beverages. But sometimes, sipping water isn’t the most effective way to replenish your dehydrated cells. Hillcrest Physical Medicine recommends IV hydration for people who are experiencing any of the following wellness dilemmas:
- Intensive sports training.
- The flu or the common cold.
- Menstrual cramps.
IV hydration introduces more than just much-needed water to your thirsty tissues. It also gives the body a boost of vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin). Vitamin B12 injections are crucial in the fight against fatigue and lethargy, since this vitamin plays a key role in metabolism and energy production. Because of this, vitamin B12 is an ideal additive to IV hydration, since dehydration is a major cause of low energy and fatigue.
Lipotropic injections are formulated to support weight loss. They are administered directly into a muscle to give the body a boost of vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12 to support metabolism and energy levels. Lipo injections also contain:
- L-carnitine, an amino acid that supports decreased fat mass, muscle preservation during exercise, and reductions of muscle fatigue.
- Methionine, an essential amino acid that breaks down fats and relieves fatigue.
- Inositol, for the breakdown of fats, management of depression, and support of healthy brain function.
- Choline, for proper functioning of the liver, which removes fats as waste products.
Hillcrest Physical Medicine is a fully integrated wellness practice serving patients in the Clarksville and surrounding areas. To request an appointment for vitamin infusions or our other wellness services, call our friendly staff at (931) 906-9679.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Accepts Most Insurances
- New, State of the Art Office
- Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff
- Full Integrated Wellness Practice