If you want effective headache treatment in Clarksville, TN, please book an appointment with Hillcrest Chiropractic. Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for reducing the intensity and frequency of headaches and migraines.
Causes of Headaches
Tension headaches are one of the most common types of headaches. Patients suffering from tension headaches equate the pain to having a tight band around the forehead. These headaches can be episodic or chronic. Common triggers for these headaches include:
- Lack of sleep
- Muscle tightness, especially in the neck
- Poor posture
- Alcohol intake
- Hormonal changes
If you are looking for a natural treatment for tension headaches, chiropractic care is an excellent option.
Causes of Migraines
Most people often assume that migraines are just another headache. However, migraines are more severe than headaches and are accompanied by other symptoms. Most migraines cause head pain and have other unpleasant symptoms like nausea, dizziness, vomiting, and light sensitivity. There are several types of migraines, and knowing the difference is pivotal in devising an effective treatment plan. Common types of migraines include:
- Migraine with aura: An aura is a warning sign that happens minutes before the actual migraine starts. An aura manifests in visual disturbances like seeing zig-zag patterns, flashing lights, and halos around light sources.
- Migraine without aura: Most migraines strike without any warning. The typical symptoms of migraine without aura include head pain on one side, nausea, and vomiting.
- Menstrual migraines: These migraines occur due to hormonal changes and are likely to crop up before, during, and after menstruation.
- Abdominal pains: Some migraines exhibit symptoms in the stomach rather than the head. Abdominal migraines are common in kids, and typical symptoms include stomach pain and vomiting.
If you want to understand what kind of migraines you are experiencing, please book an appointment with our chiropractor in Clarksville, TN.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Headaches and Migraines
We use hands-on manipulations to adjust your spine and vertebrae, removing restrictions that inhibit the optimal functioning of the nervous system. An optimally working nervous system coordinates body functions better, reducing the severity and frequency of headaches and migraines. Therapeutic massage provides relief for tension headaches, especially if the pain is radiating from the neck. We also recommend lifestyle changes to minimize triggers that put you at risk of headaches and migraines.
Visit Us for Headache Relief from Our Chiropractor in Clarksville, TN
Are you suffering from frequent headaches or migraines in Clarksville? Book an appointment with Hillcrest Chiropractic for an effective treatment plan.